Warehouse Logistic Assistant NGO Jobs at Plan International
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Logistic Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Admin and Logistic Coordinator
Contract Duration: 5 Months and renewable based on availability of funding and satisfactory performance
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking to implement Cash Based Transfer (CBT) + Integrated Nutrition Programme (INP) project funded by World Food Programme (WFP)
- The post holder is to manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP and Plan International warehouse and logistic guidelines.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates with the Project Manager, Logistic Coordinator, and with project team. The post holder(s) will manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP and Plan International warehouse and logistic guidelines
- The post holder will interface with a team of warehouse distribution assistants and store keepers to facilitate the process
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
In collaboration with the warehouse distribution assistant and storekeepers, the Warehouse Logistic Assistant will be:
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of Plan International warehouse and store operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all goods and supplies.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of goods, materials and consumables to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and Plan International standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of goods through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following Plan International and donors established procedures.
- Review on periodic basis warehouse/storage space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration line, technical and matrix supervisors including partners in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse/store services.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
- Assists in arranging travel and logistic for field site staff and program beneficiaries during WFP supported activities.
- Update computer inventory control records through performance of periodic physical inventory spot checks and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, ordering quantities and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Performs any other duties as directed by line, technical and matrix managers Human Resource Development
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of project team members on handling and storage of fast moving consumer goods to ensure a high level of services in line with Plan International and WFP requirements
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Shares information within the project team, across Plan International and with WFP about stock intake and dispatches including gaps, challenges and lessons learnt in a logical and regular manner.
- Shares information within the programme team about goods received and distribution approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing with WFP and among WFP Cooperating Partner Agencies in the communities and supports such processes within Plan International Nigeria office.
- Participates in sectoral networks within the LGA of operation or as requested by the line Manager.
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of proposal writing and related engagement through data collected from assignments
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the project manager or Sector Specialist for consideration.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Prepare and submit relevant information for project reports and proposals for Plan International Nigeria office as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide advice and support to Plan International Nigeria’s project/ programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the project/ programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Diploma (HND)/Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Engineering and Basic Sciences, Business Administration or Marketing or equivalent professional experience or extensive relevant logistics experience – Required.
- Minimum of 2-years post-graduation and NYSC working experience with an INGO/ Private sector in Nigeria – Required.
- Familiarity with commodity and material stock management procedures in either the humanitarian or development context – Required.
- Demonstrates prior experience in collecting, processing and analysis market information and in line with Plan International standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently – Preferred.
- Experience maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and commodity stock – Advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends using excel and relevant software-Preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency and working knowledge of written and spoken English- Required.
- Familiarity with Plan International Procurement Processes on SAP – Advantage.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity – Required
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus building
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including outside official working hours – Preferred
- Competence with the use of MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) email and utilization of the internet and report writing – required
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Physical Environment and Demands
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with travel to the communities to ensure that project is effectively monitored
Level of Contact with Children
- Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have low contact with women and children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a comprehensive Cover Letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@plan-international.org Indicate the Job Title and location as subject if the mail
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are encouraged to apply.