WFP Project Manager NGO Jobs at Plan International
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WFP Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Livelihood Specialist
Contract Duration: 5 Months and renewable based on availability of funding and satisfactory performance
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking to implement Cash Based Transfer (CBT) + Integrated Nutrition Programme (INP) project funded by World Food Programme (WFP)
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for planned WFP CBT + INP activities of the Maiduguri field office – Plan International Nigeria’s Emergency response programmes in the Northeast of Nigeria in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates with the sectoral specialists, across Plan International, WFP and other Cooperating Partner Agencies. The post holder will take initiative for project management, coordination and implementation; project monitoring and learning with strong coordination with WFP, UNICEF, Borno State MOH affiliate MDAs, and relevant clusters
- This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovation and high quality work for building capacity, formulate advocacy in delivering CBT+INP project with linkages to nutrition, cash and social protection work in Borno State
- The post holder will interface and support project team members and to deliver on project activity rapidly and systematically.
- The role requires strong leadership, facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
In collaboration with the Field Team, the ERM and sector Specialists (CBT and INP), the Project Manager will:
- Support the development and implementation of program implementation and work plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, service delivery and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the development and activity flow chart for project delivery that will ensure regular reporting.
- Support to ensure that specific components of the project are successfully implemented.
- Provide narrative and budget report for project delivery by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project coordination and management level to ensure project goal and corresponding objectives and targets are achieved.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support project team to coordinate and manage project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Utilize the assessment and survey reports to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances, and represent Plan in sectoral activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate capacity-building activities with project staff and WFP including other cooperating partner agencies.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the recruitment of field team and ongoing induction, capacity development/ training of field level and community based staff to ensure a high level of expertise in line with organisational requirements
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Shares information within project team, plan International and with WFP on Achievements, innovations, lessons learnt and challenges in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the programme team about implementation approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing with WFP and among WFP Cooperating Partner Agencies in the northeast and supports such processes between regions
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of proposal writing and related engagement.
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the sector specialists or ERM for consideration.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Prepare and submit relevant information for programme reports and proposals for
- Plan International domestic and international consumption as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide advice and support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the programme the units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in the field of Sociology, History/Anthropology or International Relation– Preferred;
- Minimum of 7 years post NYSC working experience with a development or humanitarian NGOs/ Government/ Private sector organisation – Preferred;
- Experience in general program management of a field-based development or humanitarian project – Required;
- Prior experience and familiarity with Plan International, general program management – Advantage
- Knowledge in designing and rolling out of nutrition and cash assistance programs including assessments– Required;
- Experience representing and presenting a new project to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, and the public – Advantage;
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills (MS word and Excel) – Required;
- Proficiency and working knowledge of written and spoken English and Hausa including at least 1 local language in area of operations – Required;
- Women, IDPs, returnees and members of Host communities are encouraged to apply;
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work responsibilities effectively – Essential
- Committed to bring a team player and able to demonstrate constructive, cooperative and problem-solving skills – Preferred;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to community based participatory criteria – Preferred
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, learning and report writing – essential
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills – preferred
- Understanding of broader issues related to community participation, household nutrition, conflict analysis, safety, gender mainstreaming, and environment – Essential
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and
- intense pressure to perform.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document)
- Ability to travel nationally
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Physical Environment and Demands
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with travel to the communities in Jere, Konduga and Maiduguri to ensure that project is effectively implemented and monitored
- Working under emergency and conflict context
Level of Contact with Children
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have medium
- to low contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a comprehensive Cover Letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@plan-international.org Indicate the Job Title and location as subject if the mail
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer ad does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are encouraged to apply.