WFP Storekeeper Opening at Plan International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WFP Storekeeper
Reports to: General supervision by Project Manager and Technical line to Warehouse Logistic Assistant.
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking to implement Cash Based Transfer (CBT) + Integrated Nutrition Programme (INP) project funded by World Food Programme (WFP).
- The post holders are to work with project manager/team in the implementation of WFP Cash Based Intervention and Integrated Nutrition Programme (WFP CBT-INP+) through the coordination and management of commodity movement, handling and storage.
- This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovative and safe means of receiving, transferring and handling CBT-INP+ project commodities, equipment/tools in storage in the stores in Maiduguri Northeast Nigeria
- 5 Months and renewable based on availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates with the Project Manager, logistic Assistant, and with project team. The post holder(s) will coordinate and manage commodity handling and storage.
- This role demand dynamic person who is proactive to invent innovative and safe means of receiving, transferring and handling CBT-INP+ project commodities, equipment/tools in storage in the stores in Maiduguri Northeast Nigeria.
- The post holder will interface with a team of warehouse distribution assistants to facilitate the process. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
In collaboration with the warehouse distribution assistant and the Warehouse logistic assistant the store keeper will be:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly services
- Receive, store and issue diverse commodities, tools/equipment & general store inventory Items.
- Maintain a proper PAR Level (Periodic Automatic Replenishment)/Safety Stock Level and Re – ordering of all storeroom items in time.
- Monitoring the expiry date of the store items & inform accordingly to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintaining necessary records with accuracy of information and should follow always FIFO method of issuing.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies on a monthly basis.
- Enter data into inventory records.
- Maintain a high level of cleanness and hygienic standards in all storage areas.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required, but are not limited to the above
- Human Resource Development
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of project team members on handling and storage of fast moving consumer goods to ensure a high level of expertise in line with WFP and organisational requirements
Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares information within the project team, across Plan International and with WFP about stock intake and dispatches including gaps, challenges and lessons learnt in a logical and regular manner.
- Shares information within the programme team about goods received and distribution approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing with WFP and among WFP Cooperating Partner Agencies in the communities and supports such processes within Plan International Nigeria office.
- Participates in sectoral networks within the LGA of operation or as requested by the line Manager.
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of proposal writing and related engagement through data collected from assignments
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the project manager or Sector Specialist for consideration.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Prepare and submit relevant information for project reports and proposals for Plan International Nigeria office as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide advice and support to Plan International Nigeria’s project/ programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the project/ programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 O-Levels credits including mathematics and English – Mandatory
- Minimum of OND /NCE Office Management, Community Health Extension Work, Marketing, Business Management – Preferred
- Previous experience or ability to build and utilize skills is an asset (candidate will be provided induction)
- Ability to process information and stock through computer system (to be verified) – Mandatory
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment – Required
- Ability to handle multi-million food commodity inventories – Preferred
- Women and members of host communities are preferred and encouraged to apply
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to write, read and communicate clearly and understandable manner in English (to be verified) – Mandatory
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails heavy lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above – Preferred.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity – Required
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus building
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including outside official working hours – Preferred
- Competence with the use of MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) email and utilization of the internet and report writing.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with travel to the communities to ensure that project is effectively monitored
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have low contact with women and children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org Indicating the job title and location as subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.