Graduate Communications Intern Job at Mercy Corps Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Intern
Ref No: ABV/DEVPRGM/2018/00002
Duration: March – August 2018
Length of Internship: 6 months
- Based in the Abuja office, the Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications and Reporting Specialist to lead the development and implementation of a content plan that aligns with the objectives of Mercy Corps Nigeria’s communications strategy.
- The Intern will co-ordinate closely with colleagues across Mercy Corps Nigeria diverse portfolio of programs to ensure that high-quality, relevant, and timely materials are developed and shared on internal (and where relevant, external) communications platforms, and that all communications adhere to Mercy Corps and donor policies and guidelines.
Main Duties Include
- Actively engaging with MCN programs to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing activities, success stories, and lessons learned from program/project implementation.
- Planning, writing, and/or editing high-quality content, including fact-sheets, briefings, articles, social media posts, short animations, guides, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Working with national and global MC staff to ensure that content is shared on appropriate internal and external communications platforms.
- Monitoring communications outputs and outcomes.
- Copy-editing program reports and other documents.
- Organizing and maintaining a database of communications materials.
- Assisting with workshops, trainings and events, including taking photographs.
- Adhering to Mercy Corps communications policies and donor requirements.
- Any other duties assigned by the Communications and Reporting Specialist.
At the end of the internship period, the intern will have acquired skills and knowledge in:
- Strategic communications and content planning
- Planning, drafting and editing different types of content for internal and external audiences.
- Building professional relationships to achieve communications objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communications outputs and outcomes
- Issues relating to the work of MCN.
- Relevant undergraduate or masters level qualification in Social Sciences, English, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in communications, journalism, etc.
- Excellent MS Office Skills, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc. is an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a multi-cultural and fast-paced environment.
- A keen interest in issues relevant to the work of Mercy Corps Nigeria
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive:
- A monthly allowance of N60,000
- Health Insurance Coverage
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their a resume and a statement of interest in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your statement, you are encouraged to discuss any experiences related relevant to the projects outlined. You may wish to describe your career interests (specifically as they relate to policy and advocacy, humanitarian aid, or development) and discuss your previous work and educational experiences demonstrating these interests.
- All applications must include the POSITION TITLE and REFERENCE NUMBER in the subject line and not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.