Lecturer, Prosthetics/Orthotics at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi
The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi is located along the ever busy motorway (Ikorodu Road) in Lagos. The institution started as a Military Rehabilitation Camp for prisoners of war returning from 2nd World War. After recognition by the Colonial Medical Services in 1945, it became a Medical establishment known as Igbobi Orthopaedic Hospital. In name, the hospital has undergone a metamorphosis from Igbobi Hospital to royal Orthopaedic Hospital and now National Orthopaedic Hospital.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer, Prosthetics/Orthotics (Federal College of Orthopaedic Technology)
- Candidates must possess a good B.Sc./HND in Prosthetics/Orthotics Technology from an ISPO recognised institution. In addition, candidates must possess M.Sc. in a discipline related to P/O i.e Biomedical Engineering, Bio-Engineering, Clinical Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences.
- Candidates must also possess the NYSC discharge Certificate and a demonstrable experience in Tertiary institution lectureship.
Condition of Service
The conditions of service including the fringe benefits are as applicable in the Federal Public Service.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward eight (8) copies of their Letter of Application attaching to each, photocopy of certificate and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as follows:
- Name in full
- Place and date of birth.
- Current address and Telephone Number.
- Marital Status.
- State of Origin (attach evidence)
- Local Government of Origin.
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education including dates.
- Post applied for:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) Referees (who should either be a Solicitor, Clergy or Top Civil Servant).
Candidates are to please address their applications directly to:
The Medical Director,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
All applications should be submitted in the “New Administrative Building” with the Reference Number written on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.