TV Show Talent Vacancy at Channels Television
Channels Television is one of the 13 independent television stations currently broadcasting in Nigeria, since the Federal Government deregulated the broadcast media in 1992.
The Company was licensed in June 1993 and allocated a frequency on UHF (channel 39). It began transmission two years later under the name Channels Television and now broadcasts to a well discerning audience of over 20 million people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TV Show Talent
- Channels TV is recruiting enthusiastic and witty talents for an upcoming Political Satire TV show. The talent will contribute to weekly episode development. The selected talent will perform as news host, co-host, correspondent, and/or perform other roles. This is a full time position based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Through the news and political satire TV genre, this show will entertain and inform its target audience of 18 to 35 year-old Nigerians and Africans in current affairs. The show’s voice will be tasteful and insightful. While lampooning subjects across the political spectrum, the scope of this show will include domestic Nigerian as well as major continental African issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Originate and present an engaging political satire programme that is timely and provocative
- Keep abreast of and analyze political, economic and social news across legacy and new media platforms to present topical, entertaining and informative news and political satire material.
- Originate and brainstorm political issues of relevance and work through guidance provided by supervisors and in cooperation with colleagues.
- Maintain a strong momentum for the programme in a high-pressured and fast-paced environment.
- Generate new material on a daily and weekly basis consistent with the voice and vision of the show and Channels TV ethos.
- Research domestic, regional and international political, economic and social issues as required.
- Respond to direction provided by the Director, Head Writer and Executive Producers as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND Degree in the related field with Upper Credit only.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience on the job.
- Exceptional communication skills: Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form;
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent understanding of mass media.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
- An excellent team player;
- Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction;
- Hard working.
- ICT knowledge and proficiency required.
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
- Diligent with strong attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter
- Show reel or portfolio of your work
- Writing Sample
- Write at least 10 satirical jokes about five unrelated events in the news from the last week on less than one page.
- Ensure news media and political topics are satirized, as well as conservative, moderate, and liberal perspectives. Use a range of satirical devices such as irony, parody and sarcasm. If possible, include links to video clips that play into your joke(s).
- Copies of credentials : (Qualifying certificates obtained from schools and institutions attended (from S.S.C.E to Higher Institution(s) and any Certifications from professional bodies if any; NYSC Certificate or Certificate of Exemption; Birth Certificate; Scanned recent passport photo).
- Eligible candidates applying for this position must be resident in or able to live and work in Lagos State at own cost.