TV Social Media Manager wanted at Channels Television
The Company was licensed in June 1993 and allocated a frequency on UHF (channel 39). It began transmission two years later under the name Channels Television and now broadcasts to a well discerning audience of over 20 million people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TV Social Media Manager
- Channels TV is recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Manager for an upcoming TV show. The Social Media Manager will develop and maintain a long-lasting, dynamic, effective and measurable social media and Internet TV presence. This is a full time position based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Through the news and political satire TV genre, this show will entertain and inform its target audience of 18 to 35 year-old Nigerians and Africans in current affairs. The show’s voice will be tasteful and insightful. While lampooning subjects across the political spectrum, the scope of this show will include domestic Nigerian as well as major continental African issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the social media and Internet TV programming strategy of a new Channels TV show to maximize audience reach and engagement;
- Identify and optimize long- and short-form content for online platforms and via multiple devices accessible to the target audiences;
- Ensure TV show cohesion and complementarity across legacy and new media platforms according to a strict schedule, and in line with Channels TV’s goals and mission;
- Create diversified audience engagement strategies for Channels TV that combine various platforms and allow for constant measurement and re-calibration;
- Incorporate data-driven practices and formulate social media feedback loops for multi-purpose audience assessments;
- Develop and manage regular reporting processes to inform TV show creators, advertisers and sponsors on micro and macro audience trends;
- Work in cooperation with TV show Producers, Writers, Talent and Technical Crew to continuously generate content;
- Take initiative to propose and trial new social media and Internet TV approaches;
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Executive Producer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND Degree in related field with Upper Credit only. Training in Multimedia production will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience in social media and web management.
- Expert knowledge of web production, web standards, design and usability.
- Position demands excellent web writing skills and interface design.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of current events.
- Experience in designing and leading social media campaigns tailored to multiple devices.
- Demonstrated portfolio of maximizing social media reach and engagement using short- and long-form video.
- Proficiency in social media analytics measurements on popular platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred.
- Excellent understanding of mass media and social media.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills. Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form.
- An excellent team player.
- Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction;
- Hard working.
- ICT knowledge and proficiency required.
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
- Diligent with strong attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter
- Show reel or portfolio of your work
- Writing Sample
- Write at least 10 satirical jokes about five unrelated events in the news from the last week on less than one page.
- Ensure news media and political topics are satirized, as well as conservative, moderate, and liberal perspectives. Use a range of satirical devices such as irony, parody and sarcasm. If possible, include links to video clips that play into your joke(s).
- Copies of credentials: (Qualifying certificates obtained from schools and institutions attended (from S.S.C.E to Higher Institution(s) and any Certifications from professional bodies if any; NYSC Certificate or Certificate of Exemption; Birth Certificate; Scanned recent passport photo).
- Eligible candidates applying for this position must be resident in or able to live and work in Lagos State at own cost.