Utility Assistant needed at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utility Assistant
Location: Benin, Edo
- Understand basic principle of operation and maintenance of utility equipment
- Understand basic principle of operation and maintenance of steam boilers, air compressors, CO2 recovery, power distribution equipment etc. to ensure quality service delivery.
- Maintain all equipment under utilities to minimize down time.
- Carry out equipment monitoring as per checklist, document findings and recommend actions to be taken.
- Capture data for key utility KPIs Water ratio, Energy ratio, CO2 recovery and usage ratio, ETP reports.
- Compile and share daily utility reports.
- Support lubrication of equipment as specified in the lubrication chart and documentation.
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental management system, and occupational Health and Safety practices in all line activities.
- The internship is for a fixed period of between 6 to 12 months.
- Interns must be students in an accredited academic and/or technical institution undertaking either a Bachelor’s Degree (BSC) or a National Diploma (OND or HND) or technical certificate.
- Intending Interns must be in any of the Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering fields to be eligible for this role
- A successful intern has a desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn.
- Strong listening skills are also required to perform this role.
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
- An excellent Excel Spreadsheet skill is essential.
- Very articulate with fluent English.
- Patient, attention to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions, can work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Keen to learn about the markets and also with a high attention to detail and pride in their work at this initial stage of their career development
- Undergraduate Interns:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Must have a letter from institution indicating you are a student and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- Eligible candidates from technical schools may also apply
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online