LE III TWG Foreman needed at British High Commission
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: LE III TWG Foreman
Job Ref: 02/18 ABJ
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Job Subcategory: Residence Coordinator
Start Date: 1 April 2018
Grade: A2 (L)
Main purpose of job:
- The British High Commission Abuja, is looking for a TWG foreman to work in its busy Technical Works Group section to carry out mechanical, electrical services and Building/ Civil Engineering maintenance works
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical services and Building/ Civil Engineering maintenance work.
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Must be able to implement and oversee a planned maintenance schedule for all BHC properties.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Must be able to allocate reactive and planned maintenance tasks daily to relevant Artisans.
- Supervise TWG artisans and ensure work is carried out to UK standards where possible.
- English language – spoken and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have a responsive attitude and willingness to use initiative
- Ability to work overtime/respond to emergencies as and when required
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- 18 artisans and Technicians
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Trade Tests grade 1 in Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- BHC working experience or experience from other international organisation
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Mmonthly Salary
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online