Procurement and Logistics Officer Job at the International Organization for Migration
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Abuja the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for all the Procurement and Logistics functions for the IOM Nigeria Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise IOM teams involved in the following categories of procurement and logistics work within the area of responsibility: procurement staff (local and international procurement); logistics staff; fleet staff (including drivers of rented vehicles and trucks).
- Ensure IOM and applicable donor procurement procedures are in place and followed in accordance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Conduct procurement and logistics tasks within the mission, including property and assets control, supply, service, maintenance, and contractual agreements.
- Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests.
- Solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyse them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by the Resource Management Officer and the Chief of Mission.
- Follow up on purchase orders (PO) status and keep the heads of units and respective project managers abreast of estimated time of delivery and/or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions. Ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- Ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of the RMO regarding bank transfer payments.
- Coordinate mission procurements with Global Procurement and Supply Unit in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) when required.
- Create internal control mechanisms to safe guard the Organizations assets to prevent fraud and ensure that appropriate records are kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest; regularly upgrade the mission’s inventory list. Make sure mission property insurance is in place.
- Assist in the adherence to stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment.
- Monitor maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
- Undertake field travel to programme sites or IOM Field offices to perform procurement and logistics evaluations as necessary, and in order to supervise and train staff.
- Maintain and update databases of preferred suppliers.
- Represent IOM in inter-agency fora related to procurement and/or logistics.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations;
- Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP/PRISM;
- Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers;
- Extensive knowledge of IOM internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM’s PRISM elements as they apply to procurement and logistics.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any regional languages is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system