Social Media Coordinator Vacancy at Seefar Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Locations: Lagos & Edo
Project Type: Contract
Duration: One Year
- Seefar is seeking an experienced social media coordinator to manage a Facebook page as part of a project to help Nigerian people understand their migration options, and to help them make informed choices.
- This includes through understanding the realities of life in destination countries, the status of migrants in destination countries, the risks of the journey and alternatives.
- You must have substantive experience of developing content for and managing social media channels, in particular Facebook.
- Yoruba and/or Edo fluency is compulsory, as is written and spoken English.
- We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe.
- This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. Seefar has a track record for delivering research, consulting, program design and evaluations and strategic communications projects, including on migration and human trafficking issues.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
- Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
- Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Developing content for a Facebook page aimed at providing information to individuals considering irregular migration.
- Managing the Facebook page, including by posting content, boosting and promoting posts, engaging with the audience and responding to comments and messages.
- Monitoring Facebook analytics, ensuring engagement targets are met and social media strategy adjusted as needed, based on analytics insights.
- Formal project processes, including reporting processes and logistics.
- Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
- Approximately 5% of your time and attention:
- Contribute to ongoing development of project management processes and procedures.
- Direct: Global Management
- Approximately 5% of your time and attention:
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
- Cooperate with other areas of the Migration Program and Enterprise, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project level.
- Working with Seefar
- Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
- Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
We are looking for someone based in Nigeria with:
- At least three years of professional social media experience in Nigeria;
- Computer literacy and access to the internet;
- Yoruba, Edo fluency, other languages desirable;
- English writing fluency.
Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- At least five years of professional social media experience in The Gambia,
- Computer literacy and access to the internet,
- Yoruba, Edo fluency,
- English writing fluency,
- Based in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Word or PDF format, prepare and upload an introductory letter that includes only the points below:
- One paragraph explaining what you have learned about irregular migration and the risks in traveling to Europe using this route.
- One or two paragraphs describing the advice you would give to individuals considering irregular migration to Europe.