Safety Officer Opportunity at Leedtec Engineering
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
- You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
- You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations.
- Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted.
- The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- B.Sc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
N180,000 – N250,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org