Job for a Senior Associate, Housing at eHealth Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Housing
- The Senior Associate Housing plans and coordinates and oversees the overall operations of all eHealth Homes in accordance with policy and guidelines laid by eHealth Africa.
- This includes the efficient and effective day-to-day running of the Homes ensuring resident well-being by promoting the philosophy of privacy and dignity.
- S/he oversees the administration of the household monthly expenses.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages and Oversees household budget, stock and inventories of supplies, accounting for all purchases, keeping track of and reporting all expenses associated with the maintenance and upkeep of all eHA homes.
- Oversees household maintenance staff and this involves hiring, training, assigning tasks and providing supervision for all domestic staff (including appraisals, disciplinary actions).
- Communicates house or resident changes to staff, and other relevant stakeholders. Involves residents at all time in decision making about activity, lifestyle and matters in the home which may affect them. E.g. the use of insecticides (bug spray) or automatic air fresheners, brand preference, etc.
- Responsible for household purchases. Provides support for personal errands of senior management staff such as shopping for food, supplies and other requested items for the household residents.
- Assigns and monitors completion of daily chores and housekeeping duties. Supervises cleaning staff to ensure the cleanliness of the residence while maintaining a hospitable, safe and pleasant living environment for residents.
- Investigates and resolves problems that may arise in the houses (e.g. employee or service recipients’ conflicts). Documents and respond to critical incidents according to policy. Serves as a point of contact for emergencies and urgent questions.
- Performs resident check-in/check-out procedure at the commencement/conclusion of tenancy period including managing room keys and performing the requirements prescribed under the “tenancy agreement/ inspection record & inventory furnishing document.
- Visually inspects the resident’s room during check-in/check-out for any damage and note the same on the inspection/ Inventory Form.
- Reports and documents all house problems or incidents.
- Reviews and records all invoices for purchases made and turn them over to the Finance department for payment.
- Deals with matters pertaining to the maintenance of eHA houses. Schedules house maintenance/repair work. Supervises the project and ensures repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Management, or related field.
- Minimum of Four (4) years relevant experience; working in a residential setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be extremely organized with good time management skills. Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills are required.
- Could have knowledge of Basic First Aid and CPR procedures. Demonstrated knowledge and Understanding of health and safety procedures and risk assessments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of household items and their care. Very resourceful, quickly learns the how and where to get things done in the local area. Demonstrated Negotiating skills for outside contractors.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work on holidays/weekends.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently and comfortable working with multi-country staff.
- Good learning ability
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Core Competence/Preferred Skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal, human relations and communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to be adapt to changes, results-oriented, and positive minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and eye for details.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
Outstanding presentation skills:
- Ability to effectively plan, Prioritize and schedule important meetings, deliverables, reports and other work related activities.
- Vast knowledge in the operating of standard office equipment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online