Senior Project Engineer Job at an Engineering Construction Company
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Ref Code: MCLR/ENG/02/18
Location: Port Harcourt
- Develop and implement project work plans and review as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify construction issues to be resolved through site surveys for potential locations.
- Conduct onsite visits and coordinate with construction crew and operations personnel continuously.
- Convey and supervise contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop, maintain and improve any business relationships vital to division success.
- Establish and manage relations with independent contractors, vendors and negotiates best possible rates for their products and services.
- Conduct quality control for work performed by independent contractors.
- Evaluate project and recommend report to identify issues and opportunities to improve performance going forward.
- Interact clearly, constructively and positively with all organizational departments to ensure projects are completed effectively and with minimal disruption to planned events.
- Participate actively as projects team member to improve department efficiency, reduce costs and assist in improvement of product through customer experiences.
- Encourage communication of information between departments.
- Supervise and stimulate procurement activities as required ensuring on time delivery of components and equipment.
- Develop and maintain relations with clients as required establishing correct interfaces and presenting professional image.
- Support cost saving development initiatives and delivery process improvements.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of M.Sc Civil Engineering
- Not less than 10 years experience in Building Construction
- Must be computer literate.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to interpret drawings and use survey instruments.
- Ability to undertake construction of high rise buildings, other civil engineering works with little or no supervision.
- Have good control of skilled and unskilled men.
- Ability to represent the company at project site meetings and other meetings.
- Must possess good project planning and execution techniques to monitor progress of work
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Applications quoting the Position and Reference Code as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com