Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor Job at Medecins du Monde
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Line Manager: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Supervisor
Line reports: N/A
Length of contract: 4 months Possibility for extension: YES
Starting date: 1st March, 2018.
- Under the supervision of Mental Health Supervisor, the Mental health Psychosocial Support Counsellor will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Contribute to the implementation of the overall mental health and psychosocial support strategies, activities and resources in Maiduguri.
- Facilitate the delivery of a quality mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) for individuals and their communities as well as to improve Communities mental health and psychosocial well-being.
- Contribute to the integration of MHPSS component into existing and new programs according to HQ Mental Health Strategy.
- Supervise and provide technical follow-up to MdM MHPSS staff in Maiduguri
- Deliver one-on-one (Individual) and group counselling sessions to identified clients through MDM Clinics, and in line with MDM integrated approach
- Develop psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, creation of family support group, working on family links etc.
- Support MH Coord in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
- Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
- Engage with the community to deliver and promote MDM MHPSS project activities in the designated locations.
- Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator.
- On request support MH Coord in specific tasks
- Maintain a positive image of MDM at all times and in all circumstances.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly activities reports to line manager (Mental Health Supervisor)
- Report to the direct supervisor monthly (mental health activities report to be sent in the first week of the month).
- Apply and respect MDM security rules in the mission.
- Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
- Attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- If necessary, contribute in preparing emergency plans with the MDM-F team to adjust MDM-F activities and medical resources to the needs.Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her supervisor.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Mental Health Supervisor and Mental Health Coordinator.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Supervisor
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem.
- Be educated to Degree level in Psychology, Counselling, Social Sciences, Community Development or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Experience in MHPSS project implementation within an INGO settingGood knowledge of counseling and community mobilization methods and tools Good spoken and written English.
- Good spoken and written Kanuri , with at least one other local language: Hausa and Marghi.
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in TOT
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Power Point and Excel).
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page curriculum vitae, three work-related references and one page cover letter, in One Document -MS Word or PD explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: email@example.com , write the job title and your name in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.