Opening for a Captain at Magnet Energy Limited
Magnet Energy Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Captain
- Responsible for the safe operation of their vessel and must ensure that it is operated and crewed according to both company and legal guidelines.
- Must investigate any damage to the vessel, personal injuries of crew and the environmental effects of the vessel; this includes monitoring any pollution and checking for oil spills around the vessel and at ports and harbours.
- As a Ship or Boat Captain health and safety is a priority.
- Responsible for the Managing crew members and the allocation of living quarters and work shifts of all crew members.
- Maintainance of all on-board equipment, including machinery, engines and safety equipment with regular inspection.
- Ability to navigate vessels using maps, radars and lights by the use of electronic devices and the following of contour lines.
- Monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signalling any passing ships is a key part of a Ship or Boat Captain’s role.
- Must adhere to any budgets and the purchasing and loading of fuel, supplies and equipment is your responsibility,
- Maintain full knowledge of the cargo carried by the vessel and answer any queries from customs officials.
- Monitoring/conduct his crew in their tasks performance performance of licence and unlicensed crew.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online