Procurement Officer Job at Telvida International Systems Limited
Telvida Systems Int’l Limited, a specialist IT and Unified Communication Company. At Telvida, we recognise that one of the biggest challenge in IP Telephony and Unified Communications is getting things to work – efficiently and effortlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, she/he will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies.
- She/he will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Working with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidate will be shortlisted for interview.