Graduate Savings Officer Job at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Savings Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Job Level: Entry level
- We are recruiting for Savings Officers to join FINCA Microfinance bank Limited, Owerri, Nigeria.
- This is an entry level position with a direct report to Customer Relationship Supervisor or as may be assigned.
- The Savings Officer shall be responsible with the cross-selling of the organization’s financial products and support the development of delivery channels and front-end technology to improve client’s access to financial services.
- S/he shall manage voluntary savings accounts as well as initial savers who would eventually patronize FINCA loan products.
- S/he shall also support day to day management of third party agents and the development of our institutional capacity to grow our agent network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cross sells all the savings accounts accordingly and other alternative delivery channel products as applicable, such as, Access Cards, Money Transfer, Mobile Money, etc. against given targets on specific assigned operational areas.
- Suggests specific or particular savings promotion activities according to the specifics of the area and prepares the action plan in the branch level.
- Supports the branch team in the market drive activities, leads the team and guaranties the follow up process for opening accounts to the potential customers identified during the field event.
- Open clients account and comply with the statutory documentation requirements for Know Your Client (KYC) per Bank policy.
- Must have excellent product knowledge of FINCA products and other competitors in the market and responsible to stay updated with product features and provide a transparent information to the potential customer.
- Follows up and makes sure that the accounts activated by the branch do not fall into dormancy.
- Reports and provides feedback to the Branch Manager/Savings Supervisor.
- Work with the Branch Manager and Sales Supervisor to create and present specialized business proposals and scheduling meetings with institutions and businesses.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate brochures and savings promotional materials at the branches;
- Manage, monitor and report on FINCA’s various delivery channels as distinct business units, focusing on profitability, risk management and performance across key outreach, efficiency and customer satisfaction indicators.
- Supervise the agency network to ensure compliance with subsidiary standards, quality customer service, and mitigation of potential reputational risk for FINCA.
- Establish and monitor servicing relationships with internal and external parties, including back and front office staff, agents, networks, and other service providers.
- Effectively and professionally represent FINCA’s delivery channels initiatives, especially when dealing with external stakeholders or third parties.
- Ensure that financial viability and a positive customer experience are achieved for implemented delivery channels.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Branch Manager or Savings Manager in line with FINCA policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND with minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) or Credit in Business, Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year experience (NYSC Inclusive) in a client facing sales role shall be an added advantage.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to sell and cross-sell large range of products, with strong ability to follow up and be consistent in his/her actions.
- Analytical Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Task calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/ Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resumes (Ms word or Pdf format) to: email@example.com Stating the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidate Must be willing to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, all selection process; Aptitude Test and Interviews shall be conducted in Owerri, Imo State Nigeria