Administrative/ Finance Officer Job at a Leading Telecommunications Company
Nicole Sinclair Consulting – Our client, a leading telecommunications industry, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: Administrative/ Finance Officer
- This role provides general administrative and day-to-day operational oversight and support to the executive management.
- Functional areas of responsibility include office management, the role is also a finance position and will also have accounting responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day operations of the organization
- Provide general administrative support to the office, including preparing correspondence, processing travel, and monitoring the budget
- Organize special events, including the scheduling of meetings
- Take periodic inventory of office supplies, Order and maintain stock of office supplies
- Distribute office supplies as requested by employees
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with clients/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Negotiate and liaise with vendors ensuring that standards are maintained
- Maintain the set standards of premises
- Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Performs the routine accounting work involved in the installation, operation, and auditing of accounts.
- Reviews varied financial transactions and records for conformance with regulations and established accounting procedures.
- Compiles financial and other statements and reports using basic data.
- Conducts routine investigations, examinations, and audits of books and financial records, and prepares reports thereof.
- Prepares the routine accounting and statistical tabulations.
- Assists in preparing budget requests; prepares current statements of allocations and disbursements of budgeted funds.
- Performs the routine work involved in auditing and recording expense invoices and prepares, audits, and edits reports of costs and other financial summaries and statements.
- Checks disbursements for adherence to contractual obligations.
- Prepares accounting reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintains accounting records and files.
- Raises cheques and does bank reconciliations
- A good first degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ICAN, ACCA) would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Knowledge of accounting software use
- At least 2 years in administrative function
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational and IT skills.
- Have high levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity and flexibility.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online