Chartered Accountant Opening at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chartered Accountant
- A well-known company with a reputable brand also based in Lagos is sourcing for a skilled qualified Accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of the business.
- Prepares asset liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, and profit/loss statement.
- Develop periodic reports for management.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Proven working experience as a cost accountant or in a relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Proficiency in IT.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Applications after this time will be automatically rejected.