Productivity Enhancement Specialist Job at the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture
Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture in conjunction with the Agro-processing, Productivity, Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support Project (APPEALS), invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Productivity Enhancement Specialist
- APPEALS Project is a Federal Government/World Bank agricultural initiative aimed at improving agricultural productivity of small and medium scale (SMEs) commercial farmers and increase value addition to priority Agricultural Value Chains in Lagos State especially in the area of rice, fishery and poultry.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Mechanization, and other related disciplines.
- Experience working with agro-input or advisory services companies, research institute or CG center
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in technology dissemination projects
- Ability to build partnership with research centres, extension organizations and technology innovation centres and agro-allied commercial technology businesses.
- Clear understanding of cropping calendar, weather information and climate smart agricultural practices
- Excellent understanding of value chain analysis, development and Good Agricultural Practices.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 2 copies of their Application attached with their credentials and 2 passport photographs to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture,
Block 23, The Secretariat,
Note: Contract duration of successful candidates is for the period of the project.