Quantity Surveying Officer Job at CMB Building Maintenance and Investment Company Limited
CMB Building Maintenance and Investment Company Limited – We take professional pride in offering a top-notch workforce required for Building development, Sales and Customer support – ensuring end to end Real Estate services which exceed industry standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveying Officer
Reports To: Head, Design Services
Direct Reports: Nil
- The scope of activities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor is to manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures and to minimize the costs of a project, enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
- Produce bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes.
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. engineers, clients etc.
- Estimating and cost planning.
- Tender document preparation.
- Tender reporting
- Contract administration and cost control
- Interim valuations
- Cost reporting
- Final account preparation
- Carrying out Employer’s Agent / Contract Administrator / Project Manager duties.
- Appointment and co-ordination of other consultants
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
- Assist in receiving and analyzing quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Assist in producing and processing formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account.
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Line Manager e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate.
- Minimum of 3 years plus hands on experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the Real Estate Sector.
- Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage
- B.Sc/HND in Quantity Surveying
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally & with our supply chain.
- Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play active part in the Construction Team
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking;
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages;
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- Negotiation and team work skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.