Senior Accountant Opening at Zippy Logistics
Zippy Logistics, a fast growing logistics company in Lagos with the mission to satisfy the needs of our customers and clients by providing high quality services in the areas of procurement, logistics and warehousing to small and medium scale markets in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- We are seeking the service of a Senior Accountant to provide accounting support to our finance department.
- Responsible for all financial management aspects of company operations, providing leadership and coordination in the accounting and budgeting efforts of the organization
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Review daily accounting transactions.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly receivables/payables.
- Assist with the accounting month-end close process.
- Maintain compliant financial records.
Requirements and Experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience is required
- First Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Professional accounting certification (CPA, ICAN and/or ACCA qualification preferred)
- Experience with international procurement in FMCG industry highly desirable
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis
- Extensive financial and accounting knowledge, including in-depth understanding of finance best practices, International and Nigerian Accounting and Financial reporting standards
- Good knowledge of the Logistics industry and understanding of trends and developments in accounting for logistics operations
- International Freight Forwarding industry experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to adapt efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SAGE is a plus
- Proficient in Excel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online