Women and Youth/Livelihood Specialist Job at the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture
Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture in conjunction with the Agro-processing, Productivity, Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support Project (APPEALS), invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Women and Youth/Livelihood Specialist
- APPEALS Project is a Federal Government/World Bank agricultural initiative aimed at improving agricultural productivity of small and medium scale (SMEs) commercial farmers and increase value addition to priority Agricultural Value Chains in Lagos State especially in the area of rice, fishery and poultry.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, MBA, Economics, Sociology, Gender and Development Studies, and other related disciplines
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development projects (with livelihood components)
- Experienced in participatory stakeholder consultation and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to mobilise group for action e.g. group formation, credit administration or social action
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in preparing and reviewing business plans or proposal
- Good knowledge of social development/safeguard issues such as gender and youth policies & issues
- Strong knowledge of computer applications including Geo-enabling or Geographical Information System skill is an added advantage
- Experience in coordinating stakeholder feedback or inquiries
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 2 copies of their Application attached with their credentials and 2 passport photographs to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture,
Block 23, The Secretariat,
Note: Contract duration of successful candidates is for the period of the project.