Latest Vacancy for a Technical Officer, Pharmacy at FHI 360
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Pharmacy
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
- The TO – Pharmacy will support the development of in-house capacity in all aspects of distribution and warehousing of health commodities.
- S/he will provide technical and leadership support to strengthen the supply chain process of health commodities to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastages.
- Carrying out inspection duties as provided for under the Poisons and Pharmacist’s Act, the Dangerous Drug Act and the Food and Drug Decree and other operational legislations
- Direct outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities; ensure health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to ATO-Pharmacy on drug dispensing and prescription to in-and-outpatients whilst providing mentorship on medication advice.
- S/he will develop a cost effective system for cold and dry storage for health commodities based on good storage and evidence-based principles in keeping with good quality assurance standards.
- Providing spontaneous advice on medicaments such as mixtures, lotions, ointments, syrups, etc.
- Provides technical information and advice to other health professionals on procurement and supply chain management of health commodities.
- Ensuring proper storage and issuance of all drugs over the duration of the project.
- Participating in routine quality control audits of all drugs in stock.
- Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to follow-up on all warehouse related matters such as the environment, sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and other stakeholders
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure safety code and quality compliance are met daily.
- Advice on the disposal process of all health commodities marked for destruction (damaged or expired)
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Research, develop and recommend policies and procedures to improve internal processing and record keeping systems
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- BS/BA in Pharmacy or relevant field with 5 to 7 years of experience working as a pharmacist.
- Must be a licensed pharmacist
- Experience working in humanitarian context is required.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and an experience in rational health commodities selection, forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience must include managing health commodity logistics information systems, including forecasting/quantification.
- Be familiar with developing PSM indicators and issues surrounding monitoring and evaluation of the PSM.
- Knowledge of Quantimed and Pipeline a plus
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Fluent in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online