Senior Nursing Officer Job at AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
Reports to: Nurse Manager/State Nursing Coordinator
- The senior Nursing Officer would work closely with the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
- He/She will directly supervise the ART nurse in providing topnotch HIV care, treatment and prevention programs. This position is crucial to the achievement of AHE Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of qualit evidence based ART, PMTCT prevention and TB services.
- Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (I.e. dressing changes).
- Ensures that medication administration Is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates Intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in Seam conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education in supported health facilities.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safe USP PEP training curricula end other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
- Facility based HIV prevention program indicators.
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or its equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer