Base Log Supply Assistant Job at Medecins Du Monde
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Log Supply Assistant
Base logistics Supply Assistant Line Manager: Base Logistician
Line reports: Guards and Drivers
Length of contract: 6 months Possibility for extension: YES
Starting date: ASAP
The Maiduguri Base Logistics Supply Assistant (BLSA) works under the Supervision of the Base Logistician. He support the base logistician on all the support needed it in the base (office and guest) function including:
- Realize purchasing at the better prices and qualities
- Ensure to follow all purchase process (under MDM procurement process)
- Work in close collaboration with the pharmacist on all medical orders and deliveries done at national level by the National Supply Logistician;Follow up of medical item deliveries with the pharmacist
- Keep and update all logistic purchase files system
- Assist the pharmacist for stock management
- Any other additional duties requested by his supervisor
In collaboration with the base Log responsible for supervising the supply chain at base level:
- Responsible for local purchasing of goods for the mission, upon instruction and under the supervision of the MdM Purchasing procedures
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for local purchases correctly
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceeds to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers.
- Ensure the implementation of supply procedure according to MDM procedure
- Monitor the supply, the deadlines, delivery dates;
- In collaboration with the base log, make sure that all purchase done by following the financial plan, cash forecast
- Check the Purchase dossier before sending for validation;
- Update the purchase follow up, and shared it with project team and Log base;
- Anticipate the supply activities related to projects and convey to purchaser on time
- Participate in project procurement plan
- Anticipate the transport needs for projects & office activities
- Make sure the safe & on time transportation of projects material to the field or between warehouse,
- For items send from the base to the clinics Maiduguri: In collaboration with the Log base team, anticipate the need of daily worker for of loading, and loading in each request make sure that the following information (Number of daily worker, purpose of work, volume, quantity, weight, duration). Be sure that the daily worker rate payment of MDM Nigeria is followed.
- Make sure that all transport document are in place and signed by the required staff, Way bill, packing list, contract, etc.
- Make sure that all materiel is checked when of loading before storage.
- For materiel coming from Maiduguri, none equipment: Check, record and put away goods received, under the supervision of the log base.
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts) for logistic stock.
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the log base of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- After receipt, puts the goods away following instructions of the log base.
- After receipt, immediately update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.). .
Base Meeting and Report:
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff;
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the purchase update once a week,
- Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP, each last week of the month
- Participate with the Log base at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (none asset inventory, purchase follow up) and submitted to the log base.
- Update the supplier data list, on monthly basis.
- Update the data prices on monthly basis.
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years post NYSC experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Ability to work in low resource field environments.Good spoken and written English
- Good spoken and written English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Hausa fluent, Kanuri, Fluent
- Flexible working hours Reporting deadlines Operate in low resource environments
- Able to conduct field travel
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Power Point and Excel)
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their two page Curriculum Vitae; three work-related references; a one page Cover Letter, explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above, (If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF) to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title and Your Name” as the subject line of the mail.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.