Entry-level Community Mobilization Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Location: Potiskum/Nangere, Yobe
Joy Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Nangere, Yobe state and report to the Public Health Promotion (PHP) Officer
- The Community Mobilization Assistant is responsible for supervising the community mobilization activities under the WASH component
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Site Identification for emergency Latrine construction.
- Site Identification for VIP Latrine construction at facilities.
- Conduct context assessment and developing materials for Hygiene promotion.
- Communities Identification, Assessments and selection for Hygiene Promotion.
- Conducting direct sensitization meeting with community leaders, village head, and care givers in Communities within the LGA.
- Implement community approach through regular contract and exchange and facilitating Community level planning and decision making processes.
- Assist in conducting household visits to identify gaps in term Hygiene, sanitation and use of water.
- Assist in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene in the communities.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Health Education or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience in Hygiene promotion and community mobilization within the humanitarian sector.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Ability to work in a team
- Be proficient in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.