Graduate Admin / Log Assistant Job at Solidarites International
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Log Assistant
Beginning of contract: 19/3/2018
Contract duration: 3 months (renewable)
Probation period: 1 month
Goal / Purpose
- At his/her assigned base level, the log-admin assistant supports his/her line-manager in processing accounting operations, following-up Human Resources issues, implementing and supervising all logistical activities.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving of official and/or internal documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the line-manager in his/her absence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin/log services in case of absence
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Evaluate the team members under his or her supervision
- Prepare shift planning for watchmen
Reporting / communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Support his/her line-manager in relations with local administrative authorities
Activities related to Administration:
Treasury / accounting / management
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Activities related to Logistics:
- Management of supplies
- Update price lists and supplier databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Prepare and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport: way-bills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records
- Management of vehicle fleet
- Assist in the planning and execution of service work on vehicles
- Organize the weekly movement of vehicles
- Ensure that a tool box and emergency kit are available on board all vehicles and ensure drivers check the kit is always complete
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles traveled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of equipment/telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Assist in the planning and execution of service work on generators/motor pumps
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication
- Management and monitoring of IT equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of stock:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories
- Ensure/Supervise the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse)
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- B.Sc Economic, Management Administration Supply, Social science
- Languages: English
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
Technical competences :
- Logistics related skills : good knowledge supply chain managemnt , Store managment, ICT skill.
- Microsoft Office ( Excel and Word skills).
- Management related skills
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications (CV, cover letter and references) only by mail to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the Position title/Location and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- No paper application are accepted
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.