Graduate Business Development Officer Job at Jemi Neil Consulting
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos
- The Business Development Officer will be involved with interfacing with clients on behalf of the company. The position of the business development officer is a result oriented role. He/she is responsible for understanding the trends in our clients IT Logistics field; knowing the people that matter in such fields.
- Some of the duties she will perform include developing an effective customer relationships with clients in order to get them affiliated with the company.
- She will effectively manage appointments and customer calls, and will always be on the lookout for new opportunities.
- Analyze current and past expense budgets, sales, product deficiencies, and revenues. This enables him/her to provide recommendations for the company’s growth and resolution of problems.
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business.
- Explain to potential customers about the various benefits offered by company products or services; following them up so as to close the business deals.
- Respond to queries and complaints from clients as regards the company’s products; this should be done in a timely fashion.
- Develop business proposals for existing and new customers.
- Develop innovative strategies for retaining clients; this includes undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Prepare annual budget (marketing) and track expenses relating to the budget.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the business and its development practices, its marketing activities, prospective clients, and the trends for the industry.
- Establish a knowledge storehouse of clients, referrals, REPs, presentations, and prospects.
- Supervise database of client relationship management and utilize the result to manage customers and the mailing lists.
- Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: BA/B.Sc Business Administration or any related field.
- Experience: A minimum of (1) year post NYSC working in a Business Development Position.
- Experience within a busy IT logistic company will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with working tools, technology and systems (I.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Finance Software etc.).
- Candidate must be technology and social media savvy
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Great Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Project management skills
- Research and strategy
- Computer skills
- Business Intelligence
- Organized and ability to work under pressure
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV’s as an attachment to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as the e-mail subject.
- Only short-listed candidates who meet specified requirements will be contacted
- Candidates must be available to resume immediately.