General Manager/Chief Operating Officer Job at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
Nigeria Machine Tools is a large multi-plant and multi-disciplinary engineering and manufacturing company on a 120 Hectare Facility situated in sub-Saharan Africa. Our Plant is in a serene environment in Oshogbo, Osun state Nigeria about 300km west of Lagos. The facility is designed and set-up to manufacture machine tools, accessories, and other delicate industrial spare parts. We have a 4,000 ton per annum grey iron foundry and produce flanges and stud bolts for the energy and power industries.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: General Manager/Chief Operating Officer
Location: Oshogbo, Osun
Candidate’s Location: Expatriate (Europe or Asia)
Relevant Industry: Engineering Manufacturing, Iron & Steel, Fabrication etc.
- Overall job objective is to secure and Transform the business and ensure sustainable growth and profitability.
- Responsible for all Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control, Accounts and General Operations as well as Manufacturing support functions: Supply Chain, Engineering, Planning and Maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets
- Initiate and drive a comprehensive marketing strategy to achieve company growth targets
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Nigeria Machine Tools strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company
- Establish modern management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes
- Maintain individual skills update in line with latest production and production management concepts.
- Create an enabling environment which will empower the employees to commit to achieving set goals and objectives and proactively respond to opportunities and challenges in the business environment.
- Prepare and present periodic business performance reports to the Board and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain and improve Good housekeeping in all areas
- Prepare, Present and Execute all business and Financial Plans
- This is an International Vacancy open to qualified expatriates within or outside Nigeria. We need a highly experienced Manager of men and resources who is focused on results and is a Tested Turnaround Expert.
- S/he must have an appropriate and applicable B.Sc qualification, with an additional business degree (e.g. MBA) and/or other Professional qualifications.
- Corporate membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- He must be a strong and effective net-worker with the ability to transform businesses within a short-controlled period.
- S/he will have sound knowledge of the policy and work plan strategies cut across several industries and markets (Oil/Gas, Construction, Manufacturing etc.) in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- This position will require a self- starter needing very minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 20 Years Relevant Management Experience
Required Skill Set:
- Experience in medium to large-scale engineering/manufacturing company is a must.
- Experience in Technical Production facility management and extensive hands – on machine skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in English Language
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Effective understanding of broad business functions such as Finance, Supply Chain, marketing, sales etc.
- Networking and strong entrepreneurial orientation
- Strong computer skills in MS office packages
- Highly Numeric
Negotiable: Including, Housing, Transport, Medical Insurance.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com