Work as a Safety Officer at the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Position
- The role of the Safety Officer will be responsible for supporting the day to day oversight of DRC staff movements and ensuring that key information relevant to staff safety and security is disseminated. Advisories, Alerts and Reports to disseminate to all staff
- Administrative and Safety operational tasks that support the day to day running of the Safety Unit’s Operations
- The Safety Officer will maintain a high level of contextual awareness and strong coordination with Program and Program support teams at the field level
- The Safety Officer will report directly to the Senior Safety Officer and will be an integral part of DRC’s Safety Unit.
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong information technology skills
- Experience in developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems.
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Humanitarian work or Risk Management
- 2-3 Experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations) with experience of safety and security.
- Availability: ASAP
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only
- Send your CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered
- Please note DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.