Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
Job Descritpion/Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the PSM M&E Advisor, to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
- The PSM M&E Advisor will be responsible for supporting thematic supply chain work streams under the National Supply Chain Integration Project (NSCIP).
- This will include collaborating with all relevant stakeholders to achieve an integrated and streamlined supply chain management systems for all health programs commodities in the country; mainly as relates to Monitoring and Evaluation of activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support central collaboration efforts between Government of Nigeria (GoN), donors and relevant Stakeholders in PSM activities in focus states and develop strategies and tools to foster collaboration in procurement planning, shipment tracking, distribution, monitoring and supervision, LMIS reporting & information management.
- Support the monitoring ofthe quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance, ensure data use within the project for evidence-based decision making, and solve data problems if/when they arise.
- Provide M&E guidance to NSCIP team to design, test and implement data collection instruments for quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Oversee development and maintenance of the project’s database(s) and ensure timely data entry.
- Compile and analyze data from each of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in presenting recommendations for improvements in implementation.
- Support, plan and draft project baseline, midline and final evaluation reports.
- Support Program or Project routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees for the relevant health programs in relation to M&E interests.
- Provide technical contribution to disseminate reports for submission to GoN, donors and Partners for the Program or Project.
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff through mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
Applicants for these positions should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply Chain management or Business Administration with 3-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health or development programs
- At least one year proven experience in managing Public Health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar countries in West Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Public Health sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in identifying and managing the implementation of IT solutions for information management.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development and management in Access a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) also a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Program or Project Supported states within Nigeria.
- The Procurement and Supply Chain Management M&E Advisor, will report directly to The Director Health Systems Strengthening.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a Consultancy Position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary Package
- 5% increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 208,652.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 453,142.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 974,962.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
Application Clsoing Date
10th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online