Risk Education Facilitator Job at the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Education Facilitator
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Risk Education Facilitator is mainly responsible for the direct operational implementation of Risk education activities in the DRC/DDG areas of operation.
- The Risk Education Facilitator delivers daily risk education sessions to IDPs, adults and children, in host communities and IDP camps on the risks associated with mines/Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) as part of efforts to ensure the safe return of IDPs and to reduce the risk of deaths/injuries associated with mines/ERW. T
- he Risk Education Facilitator also supports Risk Education Supervisors and Training Advisor in the development of new educational materials for both adults and children and for the continuous improvement of training methods.
- The position is based in Damaturu, and requires regular travels to Gujba and presence in Bara ward/community.
- The Risk Education Facilitator also has under his supervision Risk Education volunteers, with whom he/she regularly has to liaise and ensure quality of their work.
- Knowledge of local communities in the proposed areas of work (Damaturu, Gujba, Gulani, etc.)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Educational and/or training skills, especially with children
- Good spoken Hausa and/or Kanuri
- Previous experience in delivering risk education is an asset (volunteering or with another organisation)
- Artistic capability (e.g. singing, dancing, drama, graphic design)
- Experience in addressing different groups of people (adults, women and men, children, local leaders, religious leaders, etc.)
- Ability to mobilize different stakeholders at the community, ward and LGA level
- Fluency in any other language spoken in the proposed area of work is an asset
- Able to take initiative, well organized and reliable
- Availability: From 1st April 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; 8 months contract
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online