Current Opening for a Farm Hand at Tomato Jos
Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Hand
- This person’s mission is to create a working environment that promotes and maximizes Tomato Jos employee efficiency through improved communication, organization and execution.
- Location: Farming operations are located in Igabi Local Government of Kaduna State. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area. Certain projects may involve travel which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
This position requires an extremely organized person with excellent interpersonal skills looking to advance themselves through practical agriculture opportunities. This person will work closely with farm staff providing manual/technical support. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the growing of crops
- Assist in planting, weeding and harvesting activities
- Irrigation process and troubleshooting
- Calculate and record water usage
- Fertilizer application
- Mixing of Peat moss and seeding
- Serving of fertilizer and irrigation equipment
- Work in the green house
- Loading and offloading of materials
- Perform Manual Labour activities
- Learn all technical phases of the farming operations
- Assist in daily running of the farm and any related duties assigned by supervisor
Farm Hand Qualifications
- Minimum of HND/OND/first degree in any of Agriculture, Crop/ Soil Science or related field.
- Ability to speak English and Hausa languages
- Trustworthy and honest
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to undertake manual and heavy work
- Enjoy working outdoors from early hours
- Able to work for long hours and in all kinds of weather conditions
- Able to work both in a team, with community locals and with limited social contact
- A thorough knowledge of farming best practices and different farming methods
- Physical strength and stamina
- A practical mind
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to use one’s own initiative
- Organizational skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Dedication to furthering the successful development of the farming environment
- Experience in growing related crops: vegetables and fruits.
- Mechanical aptitude
- HSE training or Equivalent
Monthly salary: Depends on experience and willingness on the job and basic communication allowance.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.