Latest Jobs at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and has assumed the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant in January 2018. As PR, CRS has partnered with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2018 -2019 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in Ogun and Gombe. In addition, CRS will deploy ICT4D devices and technology with the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) strategy during the mass campaigns in 2018 and 2019.
LGA Coordinators for the Global Fund 2018 LLIN Campaigns, Ogun State
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR LGA COORDINATORS FOR LLIN MASS CAMPAIGN
LGA Coordinators – 20 vacancies. One per LGA in each state (Ogun and Gombe).
Provide direct oversight and effective coordination of all mass campaign activities in the assigned LGA during the LLIN mass campaign, providing regular feedback to the Campaign Implementation team.
- Coordinate vendor activities in the LGA
- Provide operations and finance related operational support in the LGA.
- Support the LLIN Campaign team in providing monitoring and supervision of Campaign activities in the LGA
- Responsible for preliminary review and collation of documentations required for activities in the campaign states before they are forwarded to CRS GF Malaria office in Abuja.
- Provide real time support and monitoring information on the use of android devices during household mobilization and distribution activities
- Coordinate device and inventory management within the assigned LGA
Description of Duties:
Coordination and oversight
The LGA coordinators will ensure LGAs are implementing the campaign in accordance with the National Operational Manual and CRS guidelines. S/he will supervise personnel recruitment, support the LGA in advocacy to stakeholders, ensure trainings are carried out accordingly and support the trainings as required, support monitoring and supervision of all campaign activities, support personnel data changes on the ICT4D platform, ensure review meetings are held, export LGA HH mobilization & distribution coverage data from the ICT4D platform and discuss during review meeting, with a view to escalating issues that cannot be resolved at the LGA to the state campaign team for intervention and quick resolution
- The LGA coordinators are expected to collate the digital and paper attendance sheet and also verify names on the attendance sheets. This entails line by line verification and conduct spot checks for paper attendance, and populate the information from the support documents in a required excel template
- The LGA coordinators will verify the account details of campaign personnel using standard methodology. S/he will be responsible for preliminary onsite review of information/data in the field before documents are sent to CRS GF Malaria office in Abuja. This is to ensure that discrepancies are detected early, reported and addressed immediately
- The LGA coordinators will collate other support documents that are necessary for payment (such as copies of waybills etc). S/he will be the link between CRS and the LGA personnel. S/He will send payment schedule to the Vector control unit, for further confirmation and revert to participants with issues that need follow-up
- The LGA coordinators will be responsible for distribution of campaign materials (training and implementation) for their respective LGAs and timely delivery to the LGA team. S/he will be responsible for liaising with food vendors for each LGAs to ensure timely delivery of the food, the right quantity based on agreement with the vendor and to report issues with regards to the feeding if any
- The LGA coordinators will ensure effective compliance with the CAT Strategy process and provide the required technical guidance to ward supervisors, household mobilizers and distribution teams on the use of the android devices, solar chargers and the Red Rose application
- LGA coordinators will ensure distribution (and subsequent retrieval) of ICT4D tools to identified ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams; and update the inventory as necessary. S/he will update device distribution inventory database upon retrieval of devices from ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams
- S/he will ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams before collection of ICT4D tools and will also provide and deliver buffer devices in a case of theft, loss or damage to ICT4D
- equipment assigned to campaign personnel for an activity. S/he will ensure completion of device incidence report forms where necessary and provide real time field evaluation report on the use of the devices to designated ICT4D focal supervisor
- Any other duty as assigned by the Campaign team
- First degree (or HND) in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post-graduation experience
- Work-related experience in a health/public health organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet navigation and Outlook
- Previous experience in LLIN mass campaigns will be an advantage
- Previous experience in the use of electronic data monitoring systems will be an advantage
Desirable Criteria and Skills
- Previous training on the use of mobile technology for health development
- Previous experience working with Federal and/or State Ministry of Health
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Training and supervision skills are required
- Good understanding of local languages.
LOCATION OF SERVICE
Ogun and Gombe
The LGA coordinators, when selected, will be trained with the state and LGA teams and will also undergo orientation on operations and technology deployment in their respective states, before deployment to LGA of assignment.
The LGA coordinator may be engaged for a period of Forty (40) days during the LLIN Mass Campaign.
The LGA coordinators will work closely with the Vector Control, ICT4D and Finance units. They will be reporting to the Senior Manager Vector Control (or her designee), who will provide overall coordination and technical oversight to the campaign team.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
CRS Finance/Grant unit, CRS Vector Control unit, ICT4D unit, State and LGA personnel in the assigned state.
The LGA coordinators’ payment will be disbursed as per activity schedules, submission of completed timesheet & verifiable report upon completion of agreed deliverables.
Call for Master Trainers for 2018 GF LLIN Campaigns
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR MASTER TRAINERS FOR LLIN MASS CAMPAIGN
Master trainers will be assigned to specific training locations within a Local Government Area (LGA) of a state (Ogun, Jigawa, Kastina and Gombe). 75 Master Trainers will be required for Ogun state where the first LLIN Campaign will take place
To provide trainings and effective knowledge dissemination to campaign implementers on the use of the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) Strategy for LLIN mass campaign in Ogun, Jigawa, Kastina and Gombe states.
To manage inventory and overall distribution and retrieval of the all CAT devices and ICT4D tools required during trainings.
- To provide required training to Ward Supervisors, Household mobilizers and Distribution teams on the following:
- Use of the Red Rose App for LLIN Mass Campaign.
- Data collection procedure for LLIN Mass Campaign.
- Manipulation of the Android Device for LLIN Mass Campaign.
- Setup and Configuration of Finger print scanners.
- Device power management, safety and security.
- Data Entry Dynamics.
- Collecting geo coordinates and Location services.
- Scanning procedure of Net card and staff badges
- Personnel information update form (P-3d)
- Biometric Time and Attendance Tracking
- Provide tier 1 level real time support on android devices during trainings on request using the help button on the RR android app.
- Conduct Biometric Time and Attendance Tracking of campaign personnel during trainings.
- Tracking changes of campaign personnel and capturing of update on the CAT platform during trainings to ensure efficient printing and delivery of badges for training and activity authentication.
- Device Provision, Distribution and Inventory:
- Ensure distribution of ICT4D tools to identified ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams as per selection criteria.
- Update device distribution inventory database upon distribution of devices to ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams during trainings
- Ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams before collection of ICT4D tools.
- Ensure provisioning and delivery of Buffer ICT4D equipment in a case of theft, loss or damage during trainings
- First Degree (or HND) in a relevant field
- Previous experience in using smart phones, iPad and tablets for data digital data collation
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages – MS Office and Excel especially and
- Training and supervision skills are required
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills.
- Must have an android device and a functional Laptop computer.
Successful candidates will be required to be based in the state where the LLIN Campaign will take place.
Previous experience with LLIN Campaign or other health programmes
The Master Trainers will be trained for a 6-day period and afterwards be deployed to designated State/LGA of assignment.
The Master Trainer will report to the ICT4D Consultant in-charge of the designated LGA working closely with the LGA coordinators. The ICT4D Officers will provide cluster monitoring and supportive supervision, while overall coordination and technical oversight will be provided by the ICT4D Specialist.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
CRS ICT4D Officers and Consultants, State Support teams, State Ministries of Health (SMoH) staff, LGA teams, LGA Coordinators, Ward Supervisors, Household mobilizers, Distribution teams, CRS Global Fund Malaria Nigeria Program Team, National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) staff, Society for Family Health (SFH) staff, CRS ICT4D Specialist and RedRose Team.
The Master Trainers payment will be disbursed as per activity schedules, submission of completed & verifiable report upon completion of agreed deliverables.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the service and state should be stated as the subject of your email, along with the job code LGA070318. E.g Application as LGA Coordinator LLIN Mass Campaign, Ogun State LGA070318 OR MT070318. E.g Application as Master Trainer Ogun State GF LLIN Mass Campaign MT070318 The resume should include but not limited to the following: personal profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term engagement plus a copy of such previous work, if available. Applications should reach us by COB Tuesday, March 13, 2018. Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for interview.
Equal Opportunity: “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection: ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.