Registered Nurse needed at eHealth Africa (eHA)
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Purpose of the Position
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families.
- Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations.
- Initiate appropriate discharge plan.
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implement and monitor infection control measures.
- Apply safety measures related to patient care.
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care.
- Accountable for the use of patients’ and hospital’s resources.
- Accountable to the patient, the organization, the profession and self.
- Perform clerical duties when needed.
- Provide basic life support when needed.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Travel to patients’ homes to deliver care as required.
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the clinic management.
Patient & Family Education/Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 24 months in a 20+ bed hospital in the last 3 years.
- Must have at least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre or International hospital.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria..
- Ability to pass a written knowledge test and interview.
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to higher level of care.
- Proficient in using a computer for patient care, documentation and communication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situation they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online