Recruitment for a Tester at GE Nigeria
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tester
Ref No: 3077709
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- To undertake the Specific Hydrostatic and Gas Testing Operations on Sub-Sea Production equipment.
- Test to full range on Normal Working and Proof Pressures up to 15000PSI in accordance with company and client procedures.
- Ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
- Pressure Test products in accordance with applicable Drawings and Engineering Part Specifications and any specific FAT Procedures as per below.Utilise Support Equipment such as Torque Equipment, Lift Caps, Hydraulic Skids, Pressure Testing Bunkers and Support Infrastructure, Test Stumps, DHPT Testing Meters and URT Tooling to undertake:
- FAT Pressure Testing Wing Blocks
- FAT Pressure Testing Valves
- FAT Pressure Testing Wellhead Connectors
- FAT Pressure Testing Tubing Hangers
- Gas Testing on Above
- FAT MVB -Hydro
- FAT MVB -Gas
- FAT XMT -Hydro
- FAT XMT -Gas
- College Education in Mechanical Engineering Discipline and/or equivalent.
- Previous Experience and Knowledge in:
- Engineering Hand Skills
- Using and Understanding Engineering Assembly Documentation, Bill of Materials and Drawings
- Using and understanding Engineering Measurement equipment: Vernier’s/Micrometres
- Testing Equipment in both a Hydrostatic and Gas Testing Environment
- Lifting Operations
- Manual Handling
- Deliver Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner giving due care and diligence with Colleagues and in the work place.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Good Time Keeping
- Proactive & Positive attitude to EHS & Quality
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills
- PC skills to include: E-mail; Excel, Word.
- Possess ability to work by themselves and as part of a team
- Good level of comprehension in written and oral English
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online