Finance and Administration Manager Job at Propcom Mai-karfi
Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project which works to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives. Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase the incomes of 500,000 poor Nigerians; half of them by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
- To oversee the effective running of the administrative and financial functions of Propcom Mai-karfi, ensuring compliance to set standards (DFID and Palladium International Ltd) and providing relevant feedback to the senior management team in country and to Palladium International Ltd HQ team for informing overall programme strategy.
Scope of Work
- The Finance and Administration Manager will play a key role in the day to day oversight of the programme operations. This will involve working with the administrative team in ensuring compliance with financial procedures and controls, providing information to the Director of Operations and Team Leader for decisions on the allocation of resources
- The role holder will oversee (from a financial view point) the Facilitation and Grant Funds working directly with the Senior Finance Manager and the Contracts and Compliance Coordinator and the technical team in ensuring that proper contracting procedures are followed as well as helping to monitor the agreements in collaboration with technical staff.
- The Propcom Mai-karfi staff work as an integrated team. The Finance and Administration Manager will also be expected to contribute to other aspects of the programme.
The responsibilities will be spread across 3 key functions:
- Monitor expenditures against programme budget in direct collaboration with the programme management unit (Palladium International Development Nigeria Ltd office)
- Track monthly expenditures against forecast and work plan budgets making adjustments as required by conducting bi-monthly programme-wide activity review and reviewing fund requests accordingly.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports and quarterly budgets for the programme management team
- Work with the programme management office to review and verify monthly invoices to DFID.
- Ensure weekly and monthly accounts are complete and accurate
- Work closely with the Director Operations and Team Leader on resource management, conducting relevant analysis to provide information for resource decisions
- Oversee all project accounts through the effective management of the Senior Finance Manager
- Ensure all accounting and reconciliatory functions of the programme are aptly executed ensuring a clear audit trail according to Palladium International Ltd and DFID approved guidelines through effective supervision of the finance team members
- Ensure the appropriate use of programme codings and the up to date documentation and reconciliation of all programme expenditure and PVs.
- Manage staff payroll as well as monthly deductions and remittances.
- Manage all programme banking requirements ensuring that clear audit trails are left of all transactions.
- Oversee the consistent smooth running of office facilities at all times by supervising the effective management of the programme’s Operations and Security Manager and Personnel Manager.
- Coordinate all programme HR and personnel matters and actions through the programme Personnel Manager
- Oversee all IT, security and logistics requirements of the programme in accordance with set programme guidelines as well as DFID and Palladium International Ltd guidelines.
- The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Director Operations and will manage key members of the Programme Administrative Team
- S/he will be a key strategic member of the programme staff and will form part of the senior management team contributing to the overall programme strategy and deliver.
- S/he will also be expected to work closely with the Market and Results Measurement teams of the programme ensuring due diligence in followed for all financial and administrative aspects of their day to day activities.
Competencies (note: competencies should be matched against assigned proficiency levels in the programme administrative competency framework).
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing information with relevant internal and/or external colleagues and stakeholders using a variety of appropriate communication tools and channels to enable better understanding; adjusts communication style and tone according to the audience and occasion
- Proactively disseminates both verbal and written information in a timely and understandable manner.
Expected Behavioural Proficiency Levels:
- Oral and written Communication: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Use of Communication Tools: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Reporting: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Professionalism: Achieves satisfactory levels of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Technical Expertise: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Organisational Understanding: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Continuous Professional Development: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Team Working: Shares and articulates team vision and demonstrates that by working cooperatively with a positive attitude across cultural and organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals; Treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanour and values the contribution of others.
- Interpersonal Skills: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Building effective relationships: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Customer support: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Results and Achievement Oriented: Focusing personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the programme’s objectives
- Achievement: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Problem Analysis: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Innovation: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Prioritisation and Personal Effectiveness: Establishes and maintains mechanisms that enable the prompt and accurate delivery on assigned tasks and activities
- Attention to Detail: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Prioritisation and Planning: Behavioural proficiency level 3 Initiative: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Leadership: Promotes programme’s mission and goals, and shows the way to achieve them.
- Managing Performance: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Strategic Thinking and Planning: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Influencing Behaviours: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Cross Cultural Sensitivity: Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics; treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect
- Cultural Awareness: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- Diversity: Behavioural proficiency level 3
- A Master’s Degree or similar qualification in Finance, Business, Economics or Development Studies;
- Substantial experience in managing and administering development projects
- Familiarity with project management, budgeting and other systems
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to combine attention to detail with a view of strategic priorities
- Knowledge of contracting regulations, contract procedures and reporting requirements
- Experience in managing, coaching and leading a team within the international development projects sector
- Previous accounting experience
- Previous international development project experience is highly desirable
Location of Post
- The post is domiciled in Abuja however incumbent will be required to make frequent travels within Nigeria and particularly to the northern part of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (maximum of three pages), full details of their 3 referees and a 1 page Covering Letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: email@example.comKindly state the role applied for in the subject of your e-mail.