Work as a Logistics Officer at the Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
About the Job
- We are currently looking for a highly qualified Logistics Officer who can support our team to implement multi-sector programs through the coordination of field base logistical support operations
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Emergency manager & the senior officer to develop, coordinate and manage a Food/Nutrition Distribution project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist the EM to manage, train and develop the Food/Nutrition Distribution team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Assist the EM to represent Food/Nutrition distribution project in internal and external forums
- Assist the EM in project documentation, conducting of field assessments, profiling, distribution and community sensitization
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgable on logistic and operations management, particularly within an INGO context.
- You should have organization and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Contract length: 5 months
- Level: SB3
- Start date: April 10, 2018
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.