Data Technician Job at British American Tobacco Nigeria
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Technician
Job number: 20447BR
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- The job holder will own and supervise the integrity of data, ensuring all inputs, outputs, Manufacturing Process Logs, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are properly captured, updated and available.
- He/She will be Single point of Contact for Records in the Manufacturing Department.
- Capture and report accurately, performance targets as per Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) given on:
- Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)/Uptime
- Conversion Cost
- To identify opportunities within the team by understanding “trends and patterns” that can help achieve improved performance and implement them in consultation with the management.
- Ensure all shop floor support systems (PI&T, Scanners System) are always functional and fully utilised with any operational issue with the systems escalated appropraitely for immediate resolution.
- Perform daily SAP confirmation of production, COGI Clearance and Stock Reconciliation with Leaf Ware-house.
- Constantly seeks to minimise NVA (Non Value Add) processes and employee activities.
- Present stock, perform stock count and create stock report from SAP during the monthly Stock take exercise
- Ensure records such as Stock Report, Production Plan vs Actual, Addback, Rejects, Winnowing, Fibex, Tobacco Transferred etc are updated daily to achieve the Performance objectives
- Support the team by deploying logbooks and process sheets through the IWS Phase Journey
- Provide requisite guidance to the production shop floor team.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders whose activity has direct impact on performance.
- Teamwork, leadership and organizational skills are critical.
- SAP knowledge is compulsory
- Ability to use Microsoft office tools at basic proficiency level ( MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook).
- Familiarity with structured problem solving tools and ability to arrange data in clear, concise, and well-organized written reports.
- Coupled with the above, good technical knowledge and factory experience is essential to succeed in role
- Minimum qualification B.Sc.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online