Graduate Administrative Assistant Job at the Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 13-9973
Reports To: Inventory Specialist
- The Admin Assistant (AA) will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of technical efforts by providing logistical support.
- She or he will assist Inventory Specialist and senior managers to coordinate project activities.
- The AA is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- She or he will be responsible for working with other staff from the headquarters and/ or partner organizations to coordinate technical assistance.
- Receipt of orders into the store
- Prepares Delivery Acknowledgement (DA) and Service Completion Certificates (SCC)
- Post Internal Requisitions Delivery Notes (DN)
- Assist the Store Attendant in receiving items from vendors and update stock cards
- Does support services such as spiral binding and photocopying
- Prepares asset transfers
- Assist in the arrangement of workshop materials
- Contact and supervise artisan for any repairs in the office
- Prepares charge-back by projects
- Assist in inventory verification exercise
- He takes full responsibilities of the Store Assistant when on vacation or leave of absence.
- Responsible for on/off of generator and comes over the weekend when there is need
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in admin position with a Non-Governmental Organization
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Administrative staff or understanding of key aspects of facility management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online