Strategic Business Unit Monitoring Officer Job at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First Bank of Nigeria Limited is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Strategic Business Unit Monitoring Officer
Requisition ID: 1800000H
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Code: STR/CO/0259
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring, the successful candidate will assist in identifying and improving compliance weaknesses; review the integrity of compliance system by ensuring the design of controls to protect the Bank against non-compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of the adherence to Compliance policies.
- Ensure applicable legal and regulatory standards, and assist in enforcement as needed by SBUs;
- Review the framework for ensuring prompt report renditions to regulatory authorities;
- Carry out spot checks to test the effectiveness of processes/procedures put in place to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices;
- Assist in responding to regulatory enquiries and examination reports relating to the activities of Strategic Business Units.
- Candidates vying for the Strategic Business Unit Monitoring Officer must have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in compliance or work related areas in financial services and experience in implementing and advising on compliance programs.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Self-solution driven attributes, proactivity and an acceptable knowledge of the business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted