Current Job Vacancies at 9Mobile
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head – Strategy, Architecture & Enterprise Solution Development
- Directly responsible for translatingthe Corporate Strategy/Business Plan into an appropriate Information Technology(IT) strategy that defines how the IT organisation contributes to businesssuccess.
- Develop, periodically refreshand govern the Enterprise IT Architecture and enforce compliance through theArchitecture Review Board (ARB), Service Review Board (SRB), Change ControlBoard (CCB) & other relevant governance bodies.
- Enable superior business performance bychampioning enterprise agility, innovation and on-time, value-based deliverythrough robust architecture principles & governance, excellent riskjudgement and a relentless drive for IT-enabled business processoptimization.
- Communicate the value ofEA across the organization. Drive forcontinuous alignment of IT actions/initiatives with business objectives andensure that IT strongly contributes to achieving enterprise goals.
- Lead thedevelopment and periodic update of the IT strategy to ensure that IT actionsare appropriately scoped to deliver business value.
- Define theblueprint that drives IT investment and continuously align IT actions withbusiness goals.
- Guidetechnology decisions, drive business cases/justification, ensuring alignmentwith business objectives and established architecture principles &standards;
- Oversee andengender the implementation of reusable architectural artifacts and solutioncomponents that facilitate faster time to market, quick time to value, improvedQoS/QoE, growth, profitability business agility, operational efficiency and ITcost efficiency/optimization.
- Capture,preserve and maintain complex knowledge of the business and supportingtechnology landscape and distil into usable format for everyday business andtechnology decision support;
- Establish andenforce architecture principles and standards through the platform of theArchitecture Review Board (ARB), Service Review Board (SRB) and otherarchitecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the ARB;
- Enableenterprise agility (i.e. facilitate quick response to market dynamics andadoption of new business models) by taking out complexity and potential changeinhibitors within the IT landscape.
- Develop andmaintain a roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for therealization of extant business vision and strategies.
- Drivetechnology innovation to create business value in terms of improved businessperformance and ROI.
- Develop andmanage a fit-for-purpose framework for continuous capacity planning &monitoring with a view to proactively meeting and anticipating business demandacross all IT systems.
- Collaboratewith other functional units to elicit input to the architecture development andgovernance process.
- Create andcommunicate models/artifacts that describe the enterprise architecture andenable its evolution. Ensure timely,accurate and up to date documentation of the IT landscape.
- Promote astrategy-led, integrative approach to solution design to business issues thattranscend functional boundaries.
- Work with theProgram & Portfolio Management team to structure the IT program portfolioin a manner that guarantees quick time to value of the associated businessbenefits with minimal risk.
- Act asstage-gate for approving all IT solution designs proposed as prerequisite forsolution build and implementation. Validate compliance to architecture principles at key developmentcheckpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to thosein production on the other.
- Drivebusiness process optimization and integration, covering enterprise applicationintegration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within bothinternal and external contexts.
- Participatein CCB processes for governing operational changes to production andnon-production IT environments to ensure operational stability, good riskimpact assessment & mitigation and adherence to architecture standards andprinciple.
- Produceinfrastructure capacity plans to proactively meet the enterprise demand for ITservices. Ensure alignment of capacityprojections with those of other demand management / planning functions acrossall technology functions within the organization.
- Providetechnical leadership for the implementation and integration of ITprograms. Own the design offit-for-purpose solutions to business problems by facilitating design workshopswith key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on timeto value.
- Interfacewith 3rd parties, including vendors, OEMs, business partners and other externalparties for solution design, integration and connectivity as the case may be.
- Takeownership of technical project deliverables and ensure delivery to acceptablestandards. Contribute to assessing businessvalue delivered on these projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Product and InformationOfficer.
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering,Computer Science/IT, or a related/relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualificationsin related fields and/or an MBA will be an added advantage;
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience ina Telecom/IT environment with at least 3-5 years in solution architecture atmanagerial level with extensive stakeholder management exposure;
- Prior, extensive hands-on solution architecture& development experience and knowledge of evolving trends in that domainare mandatory;
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of theHuawei Intelligent Network (IN) and related components OR similar is required;
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes,leading/emerging technologies, and developments within the mobiletelecommunications industry and related ecosystems;
- Experience in working through complex issues andproviding alternative solutions. Adeptat communicating technical details to solution developers;
- Ability to lead, influence and gain theconfidence and respect of senior executives and functional leadership;
- Highly developed business communications skill(verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative,excellent solution architecting skills and the ability to drive consensus andcompliance from all areas within the company;
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorilyhigh levels under intense pressure;
- Exceptionalanalytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Director, Digital Business
- Responsible for actualizing the Digital Business strategy. Directly responsible for translating theCorporate Strategy/Business Plan into an appropriate set of commercialinitiatives specific to the Digital Business function
- Drive the 9Mobile Nigeria Digital Business in the areas of contentacquisition and monetization, Value AddedServices (VAS), mobile advertising and adjacent services, in line with thecorporate strategy
- Responsible for ideation,evaluation, piloting, product development, partner development, launch,in-service management and P&L for products within portfolio.
- Lead the Digital Services Business function with respect toproduct mix development, financial performance, customer experience, channelstrategy through effective use of partners, people, systems and processes;
- Oversee and direct all operations of the Mobile financial team andensure that all opportunities are maximised by effective collaboration with allstakeholders;
- Responsible for the identification of opportunities to use digitalservices to strongly deliver on the strategic objectives of the company and thedevelopment of related commercialization strategies;
- Position 9mobile Nigeria as a leader in Digital Business Servicesspace in Nigeria;
- Responsible for driving an operating model that delivers strongbusiness value from Digital Business Services – The successful person will beable to assess what is possible and profitable, identify untapped opportunitiesand align activities to capture this value;
- Keep abreast and drive relevant & commercially-viable adoptionof global and local best practice as it relates to advances in the developmentand monetization of Digital Services;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, notably the content producercommunity;
- Contribute to corporatebusiness planning as a member of the senior management team
- Oversee the design, delivery and in-life management ofpropositions (incl. as add on products and standalone services) for DigitalServices to optimize/improve adoption and drive increased value share &other related performance metrics;
- Oversee the implementation of all projects related to thedevelopment of Digital Services and ensure timely completion against clearlydefined plans/compliance to quality standards;
- Oversee & collaborate with any supporting function onactivities targeted at the acquisition and retention of Digital Servicessubscribers. Establish and drive anoptimal framework/business model for partnering to deliver on businessobjectives and targets;
- Contribute to the overallcommercial strategy and operating plans;
- Own annual digital businessoperational plan and contribute at both high and detailed levels in thedevelopment of comprehensive business cases for all related productinitiatives;
- Monitor and control the budgetary, personnel, operational andmaterial resource needs of the Digital Media unit to optimise performance,morale and enhance productivity;
- Accountable for managing therisks associated with the Digital Business function;
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and managesubordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives;
- Manage team with diverse mix of skills, ensuring strong employeeengagement in line with corporate objectives;
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reportsfor the attention of the Chief Product and Information Officer as well as theExecutive Management Team;
- Perform any other duties asassigned by the Chief Product and Information Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college/university preferred. Possession of an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, will be an advantage;
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Twelve (12) to Fifteen (15) years work experience, with at least 5years in a senior management role in a multinational organization performing asimilar or complimentary role. Significant experience within the Telecomindustry expected. Strong previous experience in managingcross-functional teams and cross-functional responsibilities, managing businessunits and delivering against key result indicators;
- Strongworking knowledge of relevant trends and hands-on experience in delivery ofproducts and services in the digital space are strongly required;
- Strongand verifiable experience in leading organisation change in a commercialcontext is a mandatory requirement;
- Experiencewith financial management, resource planning, and task prioritization, budget /cost control. Strong ability to processdata, extract actionable insights and drive timely execution;
- Strongcommercial orientation and expertise in the execution of a variety of businessmodels is required
- Previousexperience and capabilities in leading strategy and/or operational teams;
- A goodworking knowledge of the technologies underlying the delivery of digital servicesis required;
- Experience inworking / negotiating complex issues, influencing, conflict resolution andproviding alternative solutions; The successful person in this role will have atrack record as a change agent that can combine strategic vision with theknowledge and discipline to make real / tangible change happen;
- Demonstrable abilities in people and generalmanagement, product portfolio management, negotiation skills; strong can-doattitude, flexible and pragmatic thinking and result-oriented;
- Highlydeveloped business communications skill (verbal and written), solid teamplayer, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills andthe ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company;
- Strongcustomer-centricity, risk management, and experience developing planningexperience
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply