Operations Associate wanted at Asoko Insight
Asoko Insight is an information services company focused on delivering the best corporate data and analytics platform in Africa. It provides up-to-date management information, profiles, insights and data on unlisted companies across Africa to investors, global corporates and institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Associate
- The Asoko Operations Associate drives the capture of data essential to Asoko’s market research, analysis and coverage.
- Operations Associates are expected to work across all industry sectors in a market, establishing access to on-the-ground contacts and sources in multiple institutions with the ability to obtain valuable data sets that will be leveraged in various Asoko propositions.
Generic Data Aggregation:
- Operations Associates will look to continuously discover and validate valuable sources of data on companies, sectors and markets that can complement the Asoko proposition.
- Sources can include, but are not limited to government institutions, regulatory bodies, industry groups, credit reference bodies, audit firms, NGOs, financial services institutions, industry event organisers and industry analysts/experts.
Research and Project Support:
- Operations Associates will work with Research Analysts and other colleagues to conduct in-depth research into specific industry sub-sectors, gathering data sets on leading companies, sectors, value chains, output and policy.
- Associates are expected to provide rapid turnaround on data and contacts needed for such projects and to support project management in establishing and keeping to challenging delivery timelines.
- Associates are expected to develop strong relationships within key institutions with key stakeholders to facilitate rapid data acquisition as and when required.
- Timeliness in handling data requests – consistently deliver above expectation
- Creativity – Ability to think “Out of the Box” and conduct rigorous and effective searches to meet data needs
- Breadth and effectiveness of contacts within institutions in securing required data sets
- Contacts within companies and Industry Stakeholder bodies: tactical relationships to enable rapid retrieval of valuable corporate information
- Key government institutions, Regulators and Ecosystem Partners: Tactical relationships to extend Asoko data and research capability
- Operations: Research Analysts and Data Services teams
- Editorial: collaborative production of analytics reports – eg: country maps
- Sales and Business Development: support activities at partner events, development of leads
- Product and Technology
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a highly distributed team.
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively, handle unstructured challenges and tenacity
- Experience with and passion for <market(s)> corporate ecosystem
Nice to haves:
- Business Administration or related fields
- Already established contacts in
- Government institutions
- Financial Services
- Regulators and associated bodies
- Health insurance
- Expense coverage
- Strong training from experienced management, great career progression opportunities
- Taking part in a dynamic and exciting startup that will transform access to corporate information in Africa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online