Operations Manager Opening at Girl Effect Nigeria
Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Who We Are
- Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
- We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
- We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with.
- And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Girl Effect Nigeria (GEN) Office. The candidate filling the role need to have a solid qualification and experience in operations, able to work independently and proactively with less need for on the job training and support, and the ability to problem solve and complete tasks.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading on and coordinating all operational matters including IT, procurement, logistics, assets, security, HR management and general administration.
- The Operations Manager will also be expected to provide ongoing recommendations on how systems and processes can be updated for efficiency and ease of use and implement these changes.
The role will include:
- Line Management responsibilities for the Operations Assistant.
- Close liaison with the GEL Operations Manager on key operational activities.
What You’ll Do
Procurement and Logistics:
- Lead on the procurement of goods and services for GEN in accordance with procurement policy and best practice value for money and ensure all, particularly high value tenders, go through the appropriate process and that final contracts are managed in line with GE contract management guidelines
- Maintain the records of all procurement processes for audit trail purposes.
- Establish strong networks with Spearfish Security Company and proactively network and engage in the security management of Girl Effect Nigeria operations, triangulating security information by using one’s initiative and also attending various security meetings and keeping the CD and SMT members up to date.
- Ensure that the GEN Visitor Guide / Medical Emergency Response /Security Briefing’s/Risk Register/Risk assessments etc are up to date with accurate information, guidance in an emergency and contact numbers
HR Administration & Office Management:
- Prepare the monthly staff payroll for approval and maintain all personnel files and other related HR activities and documentation – payroll, recruitment, induction, policies, leave , absence, staff trackers etc.
- Management of all office related activities.
Asset & Inventory Management:
- Manage and maintain the asset / inventory register ensuring all new assets are recorded in the register, provided with an asset code and are physically labelled.
- Safeguard all of Girl Effect’s physical assets ensuring high value items are secured daily and physical verification spot checks are carried out monthly with full asset verification quarterly.
- Ensure assets are functional and if not take appropriate action to repair the item or record same on the damaged asset format.
- Ensure that GEN complies with the various registration and annual reporting requirements of the National Planning Commission (NPC).
- Lead on reviewing and updating of all local GEN policies and communication and training thereof to staff..
- Work with the Girl Experts as girl Safeguarding Advisor to ensure 100% compliance of the girl Safe Guarding policy.
Who You Are:
- You’ll have a Degree in Administration, Management or other related fields or relevant experience working for an international NGO or other organisations with a global remit in a similar role.
- You’ll be a computer whizz on WORD, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- You will be really organised and have good spoken and written English
- You can juggle lots of tasks at once, work with limited supervision and be a self starter.
- You should demonstrate commitment to and understanding of Girl Effect’s aims, values and principles.
- You’ll be culturally aware and respectful and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate;
- You will have the ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- Show commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online