Crop Farm Manager Role at Kuro Communications Limited
Kuro Communications Limited is wholly Nigerian owned, managed and directed. Our depth, knowledge and expertise in the Nigerian ICT sector gives us the edge in providing world class, tailor made solutions for our clients. Our understanding of the Nigerian IT and Telecoms industries allows us to be ahead of our competitors in this fast growing industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crop Farm Manager
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Negotiates with bank officials to obtain credit from bank.
- Must have good communications and negiotiation skills
- Must Have managed 15,000 hectares or have the capacity to manage 15000 hectares of farm land
- Must have 10years or more experience in crop farming
- Must have leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with position being applied for as subject of email.e.g “Crop Farm Manager”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.