Admin/Finance Associate Job at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Finance Associate
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/017
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment (with possible renewal)
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Duties And Responsibilities
- The incumbent is normally supervised by the Admin/Finance Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance.
- The Admin/Finance Associate may supervise some support staff in which case Managerial competencies M001 and M002 (under 2.3 below) are applicable and should be selected by the staff member and manager in the context of Performance Appraisal Management (e-PAD). Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Performs personnel administration tasks including interpretation and processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Assists in conducting preliminary interviews of candidates, administering typing exams and recruitment of GL staff;
- Conducts surveys of local cost of living, DSA rate and servicing staff, housing rental and collects information on the above-mentioned.
- Prepares travel authorization, ID cards and other personnel related documents for staff;
- Record vouchers in MSRP Finance and Supply Chain application, prepares monthly replenishments, maintains Petty Cash, enters Requisitions and Purchase Orders. Prepares monthly reports on accounts for submission, as needed. If required, assists in preparation of ABOD and submission along with Country Operation Plan;
- Prepares, updates, maintains inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to the main office. Orders and controls stationary supplies;
- Attends meetings and participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices on administration and finance matters; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action;
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications following the procedures outlined below:
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form(P11) to their written application and send it via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- A written test may be conducted for these positions which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please ensure that you use the attached P11 form for your application
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.