Vacancy for a Registration Associate at UNHCR
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registration Associate
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/015
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Contract Type:Fixed Term Appointment (with possible renewal)
Duration of Contract:1 year
- The Registration Associate is a member of the Registration team and is normally supervised by the Registration Officer.
- The Registration Associate is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, and with ensuring that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Assist in the supervision and daily running of registration team activities, where required.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary School with post-secondary training/certificate in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, information technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications following the procedures outlined below:
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form(P11) to their written application and send it via email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- A written test may be conducted for these positions which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please ensure that you use the attached P11 form for your application
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.