Child Protection Officer Job at the Center for Community and Health Development International
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
- Be accountable for the professional technical contribution of project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection Programme /project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of team work and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with the program goals and strategy.
- Daily coordination of case management activities in the various communities
- Management of the referral pathway ensuring coordination with partners on referrals
- Supervision of child protection team leaders and the database officers
- Organize and facilitate periodic planning and program reviews meetings
- Participate in management of complex or high risk child protection cases including managing a limited number of cases requiring specialized interventions
- Participate in the family level interventions with social workers and team leaders to more effectively manage outcomes or interventions; including participation in selected follow ups
- Review triages and guiding social workers in determining the best course of action in case management
- Support in the conduction of community mobilization for child protection including work with child protection committees
- Work closely with child protection psychosocial counselor to identify high risk cases / children in distress for psychosocial and mental health support
- Participate in need assessments and project evaluations aiming at contributing to the development of the child protection program strategy.
- Organizing and conducting training for partners
- Organize and facilitate weekly internal case conference meetings
- Represent CHAD at camp level case management and coordination meetings
- Develop field reports on a periodic basis
- Support documentation activities in the project by development of case studies and best practices from the field
Requirements, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in case management
- Experience in the case management process and knowledge of BIA/BID
- Experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming
- Team management experience
- Project reporting and evaluation experience
- Strong training experience required
- Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
- Has advanced University degree or equivalent experience in Social Work, the Social Sciences or relevant discipline.
- Has significant experience of working in the Child Protection sector.
- Has basic understanding of the main principles and approaches to child Protection programming
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hausa are essential; other North-Eastern language is an asset.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulate Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org